NGCUWF Upcoming Events
Mission u 2022 Registration Now Open
The Mission u event is a 2-day retreat open to Men, Women, Youth and children (age 5 and up). Come and experience a time of prayer, study and fellowship with other from around the North Georgia conference. This event is designed for anyone who wants to deepen their understanding and passion for missions.
Deadline to register is July 10, 2022.
THE PLENARY will take place online, July 12, for virtual and in-person attendees.
To Register for Mission u online: Click here
To Print Mission u Registration & Consent Forms: Click here
Gun Violence Prevention
Photo by Kathleen Barry, illustration by Cindy Caldwell; United Methodist Communications
“We call upon United Methodists to address gun violence in their local context.” —UM Book of Resolutions
Many topics in our culture can provoke strong emotion or partisan political responses, but not add assistance or ministry and instead perpetuate the problem. Churches should be leaders in community building by being part of transformational, faithful conversations that enhance relationships. We are to love God, and love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Below are resources to support your church’s efforts to prevent gun violence in your community.
A Prayer for Today
What We Believe
- Scripture Passages that Speak to Prevention of Gun Violence
- Book of Resolutions: Our Call to End Gun Violence (UMC.org)
What We Can Do
- Develop relationships with local law enforcement and Emergency Management Agencies. Partner together to develop a plan for the church and ways the church can serve the community.
- Ways United Methodists Can Take a Stand Against Gun Violence (UMC.org)
- Keeping Your Church Safe From Violence (UMC.org)
- Responding to Violence (UMC.org)
Resources for Church Leaders
- How Should Christian Leaders Respond to Gun Violence? (FaithandLeadership.com)
- Bible Study: Micah 4:1-4 (UMCjustice.org)
- Courageous Dialogues (UMCdiscipleship.org)
- Connecting Neighbors Curriculum (ngumc.org)
- Faith and Facts Card – Gun Violence (UMCjustice.org)
Red Bird Mission Trip
Red Bird Mission Trip | Application Deadline January 15, 2022 | September 11–16, 2022 | Beverly, Kentucky
Click here for information