North Georgia United Women in Faith Spiritual Growth / Social Action Event
To Register for event: Click Here
Friday and Saturday, April 28-29, 2023
Check-in: Friday 3:00PM-5:15PM and Saturday, 6:45AM-7:45AM
A Weekend of Prayer, Music, Soul Care, Justice Principles, Sisterhood, and Fun
Friday will culminate with EVERYONE gathering for line dancing, fellowship, and a grand circle for evening prayer. You Don’t Want to Miss it!!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE APRIL 11!!!
No On-site Registration or Walk-in for this Event
Don’t forget to bring: comfortable clothing and footwear, Bible, journal, pen, twin bed linen, pillow, towels, toiletries, personal supplies, and medication. Onsite check-in begins 3:00PM on Friday. Weekend concludes Saturday after lunch.
The Legacy Endowment Fund
Day of Giving March 23, 2023
Step forward with faith, hope, and love in action by giving.
Ways To Give
- Online at: uwfaith.org/dayofgiving
- By phone: 800-278-7771 (8 am-5 pm EST, Mon.-Fri.)
- Text: “ACTION” to 20503
- By check to: United Women in Faith Attn: Legacy
475 Riverside Drive, Ste 1500wW
New York, NY 10115
Write “Day of Giving” on check memo line.
Together, we are building our legacy!
Southeast Jurisdiction Quadrennial Meeting
Registrations Opens September 2023
Where: Chattanooga Tennessee
When : April 19 -April 20, 2024
2023 NGC UWF Calendar
Gun Violence Prevention
Photo by Kathleen Barry, illustration by Cindy Caldwell; United Methodist Communications
“We call upon United Methodists to address gun violence in their local context.” —UM Book of Resolutions
Many topics in our culture can provoke strong emotion or partisan political responses, but not add assistance or ministry and instead perpetuate the problem. Churches should be leaders in community building by being part of transformational, faithful conversations that enhance relationships. We are to love God, and love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Below are resources to support your church’s efforts to prevent gun violence in your community.
A Prayer for Today
What We Believe
- Scripture Passages that Speak to Prevention of Gun Violence
- Book of Resolutions: Our Call to End Gun Violence (UMC.org)
What We Can Do
- Develop relationships with local law enforcement and Emergency Management Agencies. Partner together to develop a plan for the church and ways the church can serve the community.
- Ways United Methodists Can Take a Stand Against Gun Violence (UMC.org)
- Keeping Your Church Safe From Violence (UMC.org)
- Responding to Violence (UMC.org)
Resources for Church Leaders
- How Should Christian Leaders Respond to Gun Violence? (FaithandLeadership.com)
- Bible Study: Micah 4:1-4 (UMCjustice.org)
- Courageous Dialogues (UMCdiscipleship.org)
- Connecting Neighbors Curriculum (ngumc.org)
- Faith and Facts Card – Gun Violence (UMCjustice.org)