2022 Annual Meeting Registration Now Open!
Join us at Griffin First UMC for the 2022 Annual Meeting Saturday, October 1, 2022 Marks the 50th Annual Meeting of the North Georgia United Women in Faith
OCTOBER 1, 2022 | Meet start at 8:30 A.M. | 1401 MAPLE DRIVE, GRIFFIN, GA 30224
It’s so much more than a meeting — It’s a worship celebration!
Word Made Flesh — Scripture in word and dance; A dynamic message from Dr. Millie Kim; Special music from Una Voz (One Voice), a female choir from Norcross First; Closing with Communion. During the Celebration Lunch saxophonist Amarylis Sueing will be playing beautiful music while we celebrate and reveal the new UWF brand and celebrate district accomplishments.
Deadline to register is September 17, 2022.
$20 Lunch and Meeting | $10 Meeting only
To Register for 2022 Annual meeting: Click Here
Gun Violence Prevention
Photo by Kathleen Barry, illustration by Cindy Caldwell; United Methodist Communications
“We call upon United Methodists to address gun violence in their local context.” —UM Book of Resolutions
Many topics in our culture can provoke strong emotion or partisan political responses, but not add assistance or ministry and instead perpetuate the problem. Churches should be leaders in community building by being part of transformational, faithful conversations that enhance relationships. We are to love God, and love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Below are resources to support your church’s efforts to prevent gun violence in your community.
A Prayer for Today
What We Believe
- Scripture Passages that Speak to Prevention of Gun Violence
- Book of Resolutions: Our Call to End Gun Violence (UMC.org)
What We Can Do
- Develop relationships with local law enforcement and Emergency Management Agencies. Partner together to develop a plan for the church and ways the church can serve the community.
- Ways United Methodists Can Take a Stand Against Gun Violence (UMC.org)
- Keeping Your Church Safe From Violence (UMC.org)
- Responding to Violence (UMC.org)
Resources for Church Leaders
- How Should Christian Leaders Respond to Gun Violence? (FaithandLeadership.com)
- Bible Study: Micah 4:1-4 (UMCjustice.org)
- Courageous Dialogues (UMCdiscipleship.org)
- Connecting Neighbors Curriculum (ngumc.org)
- Faith and Facts Card – Gun Violence (UMCjustice.org)
Red Bird Mission Trip
Red Bird Mission Trip | Application Deadline January 15, 2022 | September 11–16, 2022 | Beverly, Kentucky
Click here for information